o 1 oz (2 tablespoons) bourbon
o 1 tablespoon mild honey
o 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
o 1/4 cup boiling-hot water
1. Put bourbon, honey, and lemon juice in a 6-ounce mug. Top off with hot water and stir until honey is dissolved.
2. For a cold/flu add sliced onion and 1 clove of garlic.
Salted Butterscotch Hot Chocolate
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 ounces Scotch
- kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
1. Heat sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat, swirling gently as it melts until a golden caramel color is reached. Pour in scotch and heavy cream. Whisk until homogenous. Season with a pinch of kosher salt. Pour caramel into a bowl and set aside.
2. In medium saucepan, stir cocoa with another pinch of salt. Stir in milk, milk chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. Heat over medium heat until, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot. Gently whisk to completely homogenize mixture. Whisk in caramel, saving a couple teaspoons for garnish.
3. Pour hot cocoa into mugs, top with whipped cream, and swirl with reserved caramel sauce. Serve immediately.