· Do an inventory and create a list of “must have” and “wish list” items. There is a difference.
· Don’t veer away from the list unless it’s a deal that you are absolutely certain won’t come around again (like a pair Christian Louboutin red bottoms at 40% off)
· Do indulge in a few hot ticket items for the kiddies.
· Don’t bring them with you. (Get a sitter.)
· Do give yourself a realistic budget on what you can afford to spend on gifts.
· Don’t forget to treat yourself as well… You’ve earned it.
· Do bring all coupons and sales apps with you and be organized with them.
· Don’t forget to look at reviews of products and return policies before you buy.
· Do set a rough estimate of shopping time so that you can remain focused.
· Don’t forget to be patient, courteous and helpful if possible. You just might need it in return.