Bourbon and Bacon
2 oz Kentucky Bourbon
2 dashes Angostura® bitters
1 splash water
1 tsp brown sugar
1 lemon wedge
Sweet and Salty Pineapple
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsps Brown sugar
- 2Tbsps Soy Saucse
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fresh garlic minced
- For the pineapple:
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1/2 oz of a 20 tin of pineapple chunks drained (about 30 chunks)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium sauce pan on high heat, combine all the sauce ingredients.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, stiring constantly.
- Once the sauce begins to boil, turn the heat down to medium and let the sauce simmer until it begins to thicken, about 5-10 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, slice each piece of bacon in half and then each half into 3. This would make each strip of bacon equal 6 strips.
- Dry the pineapple chunks between two pieces of paper towel and wrap each with one bacon strip, securing with a toothpick.
- Spread the pineapple chunks out onto the prepared baking tray, and pour the sauce evenly over top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the sauce is sticky and thick and the bacon is fully cooked.
- Cook 6 ounces diced slab bacon in a skillet; drain.
- Cook 2 sliced chives in 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Spread the chives, 2/3 cup shredded cheddar and the bacon in a non-stick sprayed 9-inch pie pan.
- Whisk 2 whole eggs, 2 yolks, 1 cup cream, and salt and pepper; pour over the cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F, 25 minutes.
Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls (5 count)
- 5 bacon strips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Place bacon strips in skillet and fry for 2-3 minutes until still soft but slightly cooked. Remove bacon and pat dry with paper towels.
- Pop open the can of cinnamon rolls and unroll them into long strips. Lay one strip of bacon on each cinnamon roll strip, then roll them back up. Place each bacon roll in a greased pie pan.
- Cook according to package instructions, then drizzle with icing from the package.